assignment for this week:
- Draw a line down the middle of a blank page in your music workbook.
- On the left side, construct a "major scale" based on each of the following
root notes. ( C, F, A, G, E, D, B
flat, A flat, D flat ).
- Add a flat VI in each scale.
- On the right side of the page and on the adjacent line, construct a "blues
scale" for each of the same nine root notes.
- Using all the notes shown, on 1 line at a time, experiment playing different
combinations of these notes. Try using different rhythms and as many different
patterns as you can think of.
As I have time, I will be adding
more lessons to the Advanced Studies, dealing with more Ear Training and Listening
Skills. For now, it's been a pleasure working with you. Congratulations for coming
so far in this online music study course. You have done well.